My previous work out schedule was a complete fail, so this week I'm going to try to start out slow with just 3 workouts this week to ease back into working out. My schedule is over-whelming...plus I tend to procrastinate A LOT! Smh!!! But we will see! This week I am cutting back to just water. I'm just attempting to make easy changes that I can manage for now. I can't believe how much time I've wasted with my journey, falling off track and not working to my full potential. It really makes me mad at myself, but its something I'm working on.
Monday: 30 Minutes of Cardio (rec center) Tuesday: Turbo Fire 30 minutes Wednesday: Turbo Fire 30 minutes Thursday: 30 minutes of Cardio (rec center) Friday: Off day Saturday: Turbo Fire 30 minutes Sunday: Turbo Fire 30 minutes
I am getting back into the swing of exercising!! Yay! I am also going to start wearing my Bodymedia device again.
Ahhh! Its my birthday!! I'm 22 years old!!!! :-) It feels good!! As I write this post, I am sitting here deep conditioning my hair with a mixture of Joico Moisture Therapy, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Vatika Frosting, and coconut oil. I feel really good! I don't have any big plans this year. I think this is kind of a day for me to just relax, casually work on school work, and enjoy being here.
As crazy as it may seem, I was not anticipating my birthday at all this year. I wanted to have at least reached a good point in my weight loss journey, and instead I have had a set back. I have spent all week pretty much dreading my 22nd birthday, and that is just crazy. So, here I am, taking responsibility for it. The only thing that I can do is regroup and come up with a new strategy!
LOOSE WEIGHT! Exercise is the major factor for me! It has to become my lifestyle, if not, I am doomed.
Spend more time on designing what I want to design.
Start writing again.
Make superb grades.
Save up enough money for a DSLR camera.
Visit VCU Brandcenter.
Finally get the adult braces that I require! (YIKES!! lol)
Stop stressing so much. Its just not a healthy lifestyle.
Finally get my design website up and going.
Just a few things that I want to accomplish in my 22nd year of life. I'm sure everything will fall into place. I have faith that it will, and now its up to me to take my situation into my own hands and make it what I want it to be.
I've been MIA for a while. I really don't have an excuse, but rather, plenty of issues. 1st of all, my time management is ridiculous! My friends and family think that I handle things well, and I'm a busy bee, but I feel like I'm never getting anything done. Between work, regular school work, and graphic design projects, its hard to find time for hobbies and doing the things that I really want to do. My weightloss has been on hold since July. I even gained weight back, and that completely petrified me!
I said that by my 22nd birthday, I would not be this size, but yet, here I am. I am irritated with myself, but it is what it is. My birthday is Sunday. I think I am going to spend this birthday with myself, just catching up on work, and mapping out what it is that I want. I graduate in a year and a half, and as much as I love who I am, I'm not where I want to be. The only way to become that person, is to take charge and make changes.
But enough about that, my goals and ambitions will definitely be touched on more later. I really miss blogging, and I plan to get on track posting at least 2 or 3 times a week.
Also, this horrific design will be changed SOON! I messed around with this one night, and completely forgot to take it down. Shame on me!
I was admiring My Healthy Hair Journey and saw that she posted a tag! I love tags, so I had to join! Please feel free to join in as well!!
1. Why did you start taking better care of your hair? I couldn't afford to keep going to the salon every 2 weeks, and I realized that I was way to dependent on the salon. I figured that there was absolutely no reason why I couldn't do my hair myself and get the same results, or better.
2. What are your 2 favorite products? They fluctuate, but right now they are Design Essentials Silk Essentials, and Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia. The Design Essential's is something I have continued to purchase since 2008.
3. Who's hair did you admire as a child? Beyonce's! I wanted her hair soooo bad! Back then I just wanted my hair to be straight, so that it moved like hers did in the videos. lol.
4. What is your ultimate goal length? Waist length. I'm kind of already there....It fluctuates because my hair curls up at the roots after a few days after straightening it. But, I'm fine with the length now.
5. How are you going to celebrate when you reach it? I will just continue to take good care of it, and enjoy it. I usually straighten my hair whenever I want to anyways.
6. Two styles you want to try at your goal length? I don't really have any particular styles I want to try with my hair, but I would like to do a short sew in just to see how it would like.
7. Which do you prefer: Health or length? Health.
8. Which do you prefer: Hair ties with no metal parts, or butterfly clips? Hair ties with no metal!
9. What products do you prefer: salon brands, organic brands, BSS brands or drugstore brands?
A mixture of all.
10. Which product/technique do you think is over-rated? Co-Washing. Great technique, but you shouldn't do it VERY often.
11. Which product/technique do you think is under-rated? Trimming. A lot of people hate trimming their hair, but I think it is so important!
12. What is your favorite part of your hair regimen? Flat ironing!
13. What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen? Rinses. I HATE putting them in, but I love the results.
14. Oils or butters? Oils
15. Bun or ponytail? Ponytail
16. Wig or weave (or neither)? Neither
17. What is your opinion on growth aids? I don't really trust them.
18. What length do you consider long? Bra Strap Length.
19. When is the last time you've been to a salon? The day before my 20th birthday. Before then I hadn't gone for at least a year. I'll be 22 October 23rd.
20. What do you like to surf the most: youtube channels, personal blogs or hair forums? Hair forums, and youtube.
21. And finally, what piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out their hair journey? DON'T spend a ton of money on products!!! You seriously only need a good shampoo, co-washing conditioner, deep conditioner, leave in, and heat protectant if you are heat styling. I know that I get moments where I just want to try something new, but try to keep it to a minimum.