Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hair Regimen

It has gotten to the point were I am thinking up hair regimens while I'm supposed to be trying to sleep O_o SMH! I think that I have gotten to a point were I can make a solid regimen for the rest of April and May. In June I will probably switch it up, because co washing everyday did really good last summer.

Cowash Conditioners:
Tresemee Naturals
Mixed Silk
Bed Head Moisture Maniac
Yes to Carrots
Herbal Essence LTR Conditioner

Shampoos:
Design Essentials Moisture Retention
Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo

Deep Conditioners:
Joico Moisture Recovery
Nexxus Humectress
Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Boosting Treatment

Leave Ins:
Design Essentials HCO Leave In
Kinky Curly Knot Today
KBB Sweet Ambrosia

Moisturizers
EQP Olive Oil & Mango Butter
Curls Creme Brule

Oils:
Coconut Oil
Avocado Oil
Almond Oil

Serums (straightening)
Design Essentials Silk Essentials
CON Argan Oil Gloss & Polisher
Twisted Sista Frizz Serum

I will be:
  • Cowashing/washing 2x a week (probably 1 cowash, and 1 shampoo wash, or I will skip shampooing until I feel its necessary again)
  • I will DC for a long period of time with a conditioning cap with one of my current deep conditioners.
  • I will probably do the wash process on Monday nights, and Thursday nights. That is usually when I have the time to DC for the length of time I want.
  • I will follow with a leave in, and seal with an oil, and air dry, or braid my hair for a braid out.
  • If I'm air drying, I will more than likely caruso roller set, and do heat free styles
  • Black Tea Rinses-Thursday wash, every other week
  • Aphogee 2 min re-constructor (as needed)
My main goal is to avoid direct heat! I am noticing that I feel the need to wash and DC more, but I'm shedding way less, and seeing waaaay less hair on the floor from not wrapping and combing everyday. I am really thinking about going the entire summer without straightening! We will see!

As far as products go, everything on the list has been pretty good to me! I am looking at a few more products such as the Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme because I have read a lot of reviews of people loving it for long stretches. I am also still looking at moisturizers. I'm not sure if I like the Creme Brule for exclusive use. lol.

I have enough shampoo to last until at least August, cause I bought the big bottle of the CON. I'm hoping the Joico 1 liter lasts until then as well, because I can't afford to be a PJ! Lol! I am looking forward to using up all of my cowash conditioners so I can try more. lol.

1 comment:

  1. This was so informative. Thank you! I'm glad I found your blog.

    beautysupply

    ReplyDelete