Thursday, May 19, 2011

Today was...ugh!

My day started off good, but then I went to my dentist appointment and found out that I was going to have to get braces -_- !! I'm so upset!!! That surgery that I thought I was going to be getting next month is officially being postponed until some time after I get the braces. I am 21 years old, and I do not want to walk around with metal in my mouth. Sighs. But, it could be worse. I'm not going to carry this anxiety into tomorrow. I ate horribly today. I usually do when I'm upset about something. I need to learn to restrain it, but I guess thats what I do, I will eat, and sleep for a long period of time. Thats how I deal with being overly stressed. The braces are going to cost over 5 grand, so I'm praying that my insurance can cover most of it. I did not workout today, and I wish I did because I went way over my calories. I am still SUPER sore from my workout yesterday though.

Tomorrow I will walk for 45 minutes, and then do the Turbo Fire HIIT 15. I have decided that I will be using kettlebells for my strength training. I have 5lb, 8lb, 10lb, and 15lb kettlebells (thanks to my aunt!) and there are plenty of things that I can do with those. I'm not trying to lift heavy or anything right now, just trying to make sure I am toning while I'm losing. In a few months I may decide to start lifting at the gym, but as far as confidence goes, I'm not ready for that just yet. I really like Kettlebells and medicine balls for working out. I will see how it goes for a few months, and switch it up if need be. I should have an official strength training routine for myself after memorial day. :-) I think I should be trying things that I am surely interested in, such as training with kettlebells, medicine balls, and resistance bands, as well as things like Pilates (blogilates.com) and yoga (right now I'm more interested in Pilates. I will keep doing Turbo Fire. Its a challenge, but it is the BEST workout I've ever done, and I thought Turbo Jam was! lol. Chalene's energy is so raw, and don't even get me started on the music, whenever I hear a song I know I'm like "Oh no she didn't!" and I get so hype! Definitely a keeper!

Great Kettlebell Workout Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kitty8Tim#grid/user/A1D3DD6D7BA334FA

No comments:

Post a Comment